Saturday, July 14, 2007

In Singapore.

We finally arrived in Singapore on the 11 July after almost 18 of travelling (including 2 hours transit and 1.5 hours delay). It was a relatively tiring trip for Etienne and I as we took turns entertaining Laetitia. It was a good thing that for the second segment of the flight (8 hours), she slept for about 5 hours straight in the bassinet. This allowed us to catch our 40 winks and also eat in peace.

The tough part since being in Singapore is that our little girl is more jet lagged than the both of us for the first couple of days. On Wednesday night, she went to bed at 10pm and work up at 1am. She was hungry but even after we fed her, she did not go back to sleep until 3.30am. And on Thursday night, she went to bed at around 10pm again BUT woke up at midnight and did not go back to sleep until 4am! Finally last night, she went to bed at 10pm (I made sure she was given some nice warm cereal and milk before bed) and stayed asleep till this morning 8am. Hopefully she will soon adjust her internal clock and work her way through sleeping 12 hours straight through every night soon.

On a side note, apart from the jet lag, she has been having fun with her cousins (my sister's children) and enjoys playing with them. She loves the every other day swimming time too. We took lots of photos and I'll get to posting them when I have them uploaded into the computer.


Anonymous said...

Lae lae is in Singapore!!!

Hahaha. Post more pictures of lae lae in Singapore please???

How I wish I could play with her!


Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

as your request, there's lots of pics in the next post. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine 18hrs! I just did 8 hrs by myself and w/o Owen to hand Natasha off to so he could entertain her, it was very exhausting! It has taken her about a week of being back home to get back to a regular sleep and naptime schedule.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's good of Lae to get back to sleeping "normally". Isabelle took an entire week in Singapore to adjust and poor mummy had to spend the wee hours in the morning with her till she was ready to sleep.

And now, back here in Paris, it's hell again! Fingers crossed she'll be better today.

Anonymous said...

I am not really looking forward to the trip back when I will be travelling alone with her for the 18 hours. Hopefully she'll be kind to her mummy and sleep for a decent part of the flight.

So far, she has been very good with going back to her normal schedule. We have also made sure that we adjust immediately all the feedings and naps to whatever new time we are on and just supplement with warm cereal and milk should she be hungry in the middle of the night. Fingers crossed too that it'll be easy when we get back to Paris.